This happened to me on Friday.
I rolled out of bed at 6:05, which is forty minutes earlier than I usually get up. As I clumsily got ready for conditioning I decided to skip makeup and threw my hair up in a bun (which means that it wasn’t going to be a high maintenance morning.) As my dad drove me to school in the dim morning light I wondered if conditioning was going to be worth it. I am planning to join the track team this year and as the intercom announcements said “anybody serious about track should be there” I decided I had better go. Conditioning itself isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Pretty much we jogged laps around the gym for a half hour; that was it. Nothing I couldn’t have done at home around my neighborhood. Then I realized a horrible thing… I had left the bag which contained my change of clothes, cell phone, etc at home by the back door. I called my mom and asked her to bring me my bag, she said yes but wasn’t happy about it (it was around 7:15, she needed to drive my brothers to school and this really got in the way of her schedule.) Since I didn’t have my cell phone for her to call me on when she was outside, I had to wait by the office and watch for her. Yes, it is my fault for forgetting my clothes, but that didn’t make the situation prettier. So there I am… 7:15 a.m. dressed in gym clothes, sweaty red face, no makeup, hair falling all over the place, you get the picture. And OF COURSE this happens on the ONE morning, the morning of the talent show, that there are ACTUALLY going to be people in the commons at 7:15. Everybody even semi-involved in the talent show was required to be there at 7, so I got my fair share of weird looks from people I don’t even know. Ugh… NEVER AGAIN will I put myself through such an experience! Track conditioning is hereby canceled from my life. I will condition on my own, thank you very much. Let this be a warning to all you who go to conditioning…
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha, how funny!! If I had none you were there that early I would have gone early to make fun of you!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA! *crack up laughing* *breath in* *breath out*
Post a Comment