Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A couple of Poems I wrote....

My Brother Ate My Homework
“My brother ate my homework.”
I told my teacher one day
I don’t know how he got it
but he chewed it and ran away.

I chased him all over
under tables, chairs, and the bed.
He thought that he could get away
“but he will not!” I said.

He ran from me for quite some time
then stopped to catch his breath.
Though tired too, I caught his arm
and said “you’ve met your death.”

Of course I would not hurt him
I’m kind and loving you know.
But when I saw my ripped up work
I wanted to give him a blow.

Fixing up the broken mess
of the homework my brother ate,
was really hard! At last I said
“homework, for you it’s too late!”

I told this to my teacher
But she would not believe me.
Instead she said “go down the hall,
the principal you must see.

That is why I sit here now
in a huge chair, soft and new.
The principal says I’m telling lies
but you believe me, don’t you?


Where do my poems hide?

I smell them in
the enticing scent of the first warm breeze
which fills your lungs and tosses your hair
as spring announces it’s coming.

I feel them in the utter
stillness
that encompasses the land
as fresh snow blankets every stone and tree in the rolling hills.

I hear them in the
snap
of a leaf being crushed beneath your boot
while passing under an oak tree
shedding its autumn plumage.

I see them in the
sun soaked fuzz
of a tabby cat’s fur who is basking
in the warm soil of a vegetable garden among the
cantaloupe blossoms.

I taste them in the
sticky scarlet juice
which bursts from a plump segment of an overly ripe raspberry
drooping on its stem.

It is here I find my poems.

1 comment:

Londonchick2 said...

Love the poems!! Yay creative writing!!!!

xoxo,
Londonchick2