Saturday, December 02, 2006

More than 7 wonders of the world

America is absolutely amazing, we live in the place where we can do practically anything we want, we can worship whoever we want in whatever way we choose, we can say anything we want, we can do anything we want to do as long as it is legal, we are all given equal opportunities to do whatever we dream we can do, providing that we are willing to work for it. There are plenty more reasons that I love living in America. There are thousands of people around the world that would give anything to come and live here. So why do some people want to get out of it and live somewhere else?

My guess is because they want to have a change of scenery, or have a new experience, or something else like that. I personally plan on living in our amazing country for the rest of my life, but I, like others, would love to experience a change every now and then. I am not talking about ever living there, but I think it would be cool to be able to go to all of these other places that I see in pictures and movies that look so beautiful and different.

I guess i'm one to talk about wanting to see the world, I spent a year in Western Europe when I was four years old because my dad was relocated to Germany, and then again when I was eight years old. While we were there my family and I took mini trips within our big trip and saw most of the countries surrounding Germany and The Netherlands where we stayed. This is something that most people can't say they have done, most have never left our country before. I wouldn’t have except that my dad’s work paid for our air fare and stay there. Because of going to Europe, I know that there are things out there that are really cool I never knew existed. Which means there are other wonders somewhere on the earth which are beautiful and worth seeing.

To name a few things i've heard about and want to see are the Aztec ruins in South and Central America, Sydney harbor and the Sydney Opera House in Australia, the coral reefs in the Caribbean, Mount Everest. I want to see everything in New Zealand, Ireland, and Norway because the pictures I have seen of them are so beautiful. I want to see Africa, all the animals and the beautiful sunsets there that I hear about all the time. I want to see penguins in Antarctica! There are lots of other things I want to see elsewhere in the world, and I am positive there are other things in every one of these places which are equally special yet not as publicized. Of course, these are all wants, with a lot of hard work and a little luck I may be able to someday see a few of these places.

My point in writing all this isn't to share my wants, but to point out that our planet is filled with beauty, it’s all around us and all we have to do to find it is look. Most of us don’t realize there are people around the world who hear about our one of a kind Great Salt Lake, and want to come and visit our vast salt flats. We (me included) don’t realize the beauty of the lake, because we see it drying up and it has always been around us. That may be how others see their things, and they don’t realize they're beautiful either. I guess that all I’m trying to say is we may not be able to ever see penguins in Antarctica, we want to, but it will never happen. Instead we should notice what we have and be thankful for it.

2 comments:

Alina said...

I've been out of country! Thrice! I'd like to go explore the world too! Like on the Travel Channel! (Lol) Each place has its own wonders.

Londonchick2 said...

I love the beauty in the world! London is especially lovely!

Londonchick2