I have this very interesting friend.To protect her identity, we will call her Cass Jones. Many people may consider her “weird” or “crazy,” some people may even say “she is really strange sometimes.” To me though, I consider her to be all of the above. It's what makes her so much fun to be around, and such a good friend! She has many interesting things about her, to name a few she has Asian background, another is that she is very talented in many ways, and another is her strange interests and the powerful urge inside which must be what must make her love to annoy people, but the most amazing thing is that through all this she is still one of the best friends I have ever had.
Both of Cass' parents come from Asia, her mom from Vietnam and her dad from China. She and her sister have a cool way of life, theirs is like this, they speak fluent Vietnamese at home, and in the Jones' house, they eat lots of very cool food that I had never tried before like dried squid, fried shrimp, and sweet rice that her mom cooks and buys from Salt Lake. She has also become enthralled with Asian actors and actresses, with everything she writes and owns, comes something to do with Asian movie stars, or her favorite Chinese TV series. Her series' stories are normally based on some sort of war hero, I watched one with her one time and it was pretty cool. Her house is cool too, her houses' yard is covered in roses and other cool landscaping.This summer all the Joneses went to Vietnam for a month to visit her grandmother who had previously lived with them for a few years. She says it was a very cool experience and made a lot of new Vietnamese friends while there. While already being bilingual, she has many other talents also.
Speckofsand is one of the most talented people I know. If I had to pick a brilliant mind from my school, hers would be it. For one thing, she has had a 4.0 every term in junior high so far except for one term where she had a 3.952 and was really mad about it, so in other words she has an amazing brain. She is also trilingual, not only does she speak fluent English and Vietnamese as I have mentioned before she is also learning french in school. Whenever there is an assignment in school that involves a lot of looking things up she is awesome and speeds through it with ease. She has amazing handwriting and isn't bad at cartooning. But I believe that perhaps her most amazing talent is her piano skills. Cass' piano books songs that she plays from have very hard songs. She can play dozens of tough songs on piano and have over ten of them memorized; I think that this is really amazing. She doesn't ever make mistakes either, or hardly ever at least. Of course, every amazing person has their strange sides too.
I think Cass must have some invisible yet powerful urge inside her that makes it irresistible for her to pass up the chance to poke someone. She might hide one of their belongings, or step on their heels, or tickle them, or scare them and make them shriek very loudly, or tie them to a desk by their shoelaces when they aren’t looking, or even recently she started keeping a journal in which she records the date and time that one of her friends did something weird or got tongue tied; the list goes on and on. Of these qualities, I think her most tortuous tactic is that she loves to play with people’s minds. Many a time I have talked to her and she will say “I know something about you, but I’m not supposed to tell.” And then she will grin her wide, cheesy grin and walk away very smugly. It is its aggravating sneakiness of her torture that really amazes me. Who doesn’t go crazy trying to figure out what someone else knows about them? Other times on the internet someone will be chatting with her, she will say something nonsensical like saying something in an abbreviated form, and when the person she’s talking to asks what it means she says “Oh, I might tell you someday.” Yes, Cass loves to annoy people. Despite her strange habits, Cass is still a very good friend.
Cass was my first friend when I moved to this area eight years ago, and has remained one of my very best friends ever since then. She is so much fun to be with, she has a great sense of humor, and she is always laughing if you can get her in the mood. She is always ready to do any activity when we do things together. She is a good listener and usually has some very enthralling stories to tell also.
Cass is a very interesting person, she has Asian ancestry and family, she is really talented in many ways, she loves to annoy people, and nonetheless remains a really awesome friend. I think that my life and many of the rest of our lives might be pretty dull without her there to stir things up a bit, so I am glad that she is here to make things interesting for me!
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One false piece of information, my dad is from southern Vietnam, not China. And ugh...Cass Jones...what a weird name. Call me Liana Grant instead!
Haha. I love it. Good job! That was a really well description of this person. ;) Liana Grant huh Speckofsand? I know why you say that.
Post a Comment