Sometimes I wonder why the world is the way it is. Now I am not going to complain about that weird, horrible, or otherwise completely bogus earth we live on as I have for my many past entries in here, I was just wondering, why is the world the way it is? Why is the sky blue, I mean sure, we learn in science that it is because light is reflected off of the particles in the air and the light comes back to us blue? (For those of you who still do not understand this, do not try to figure it out, it still makes no sense to me.) What about the english language? Who ever came up with the word dog? What if they were called cat instead? Now wouldn't that be weird? I wonder if in the days of the cavemen some huge caveman saw a dog, grunted, pointed to it and said "dog," and ever since then we have called them dogs. But hey, we also call mangy human beings dogs, such as "ye scurvy dogs!" In pirate times. Since when did people have anything to do with dogs and since when do they look like them? Once again I am not trying to bash whoever uses the word "dog" when they see a mangy person, but hey; really; where did it come from? My best guess is that someone was a little loopy and decided to call their friend a dog since they had not bathed for many weeks, or something like that.
Here is something else that goes along with what I am saying. I got an email a few weeks ago that had a few "incidents" on it. By incident I mean that some people are so stupid they just can not function in life. Here is one of the stories on the email.
Mrs. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, (from an OU football game), having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go into the back & make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mrs.Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000. plus a new motor home.
Come on, who is seriously so stupid that they sue a company after they stopped driving their vehicle on a high speed road? The woman in this email is relying on her own stupidity to earn her money. Now I for one would rather not have that sort of reputation. Well, I guess our earth has a few loose screws and they come in the form of people like this.
Ok so i'm starting to sound negative again and i'm really trying not to so let me just say that I sort of like having a few real idiots out there, because it makes the rest of us look so smart! And it gives us something to laugh at. Luckily, most of us have our heads screwed on right or else our whole planet would crash and burn.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi StarChild, testing to see if it works I guess.
Yes, I have often wondered at the world too. Why can't our sky be purple? Or red? What IS gravity? Language is nothing more than frequencies of sound that our minds can process as messages. What a crazy place!!
I often wonder also why the world is the way it is. Good blog!
Post a Comment